PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
After the completion of the academic program, the graduates of Bachelor of Science in Nursing program are expected to:
- Practice Professional Nursing to individuals, families, and groups of any socio-demographic origin, in any setting – institutional or community, of any phase of the health-illness continuum in the areas of disease prevention, health promotion, restoration and maintenance, and even during the time of death;
- Conduct research and apply research findings to improve the theoretical base of the profession, as well as nursing practice;
- Use critical thinking process in decision-making in rendering care to clients;
- Provide community services to meet health care needs of specific clients and utilize government and non-government agencies and resources;
- Practice the value of pursuing development programs for personal and professional enhancement through exposure to seminars and training workshops;
- Endeavor to continually enhance one’s professional competencies in their area of specialization; and
- Assume leadership roles and responsibilities in varied practice settings.
The graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) shall have the following attributes/competencies:
- Beginning Nurse’s Role on Client Care.
- 1.1 Practice in accordance with legal principles and the code of ethics in making personal and professional judgment
- 1.2 Utilize the nursing process in the interdisciplinary care of clients that empowers them and promote safe quality care
- 1.3 Maintain complete and up-to-date recording and reporting system
- 1.4 Establish collaborative relationship with colleagues and other members of the team to enhance nursing and other health care services
- 1.5 Promote professional and personal growth and development
- Beginning Nurse’s Role on Management and Leadership.
- 2.1 Demonstrate management and leadership skills to provide safe and quality care
- 2.2 Demonstrate accountability for safe nursing practice
- 2.3 Demonstrate management and leadership skills to deliver health programs and services effectively to specific client groups in the community settings
- 2.4 Manage a community/village based health facility/component of a health program or a nursing service
- 2.5 Demonstrate ability to lead and supervise nursing support staff
- 2.6 Utilize appropriate mechanism for networking, linkage building and referrals
- Beginning Nurse’s Role on Research.
- 3.1 Engage in nursing health related research with or under the supervision of an experienced researcher
- 3.2 Evaluate research study/report utilizing guidelines in the conduct of a written research critique
- 3.3 Apply the research process in improving client care in partnership with a quality improvement/quality assurance/nursing audit team
- Dominican Identity
- 4.1 Demonstrate the values of a true Letranite in his/her personal and professional life